Saturday, February 5, 2011

Skinny jeans.

I'm not sure how I feel about skinny jeans. Sorry, what I mean is, I'm not sure how I feel about tight jeans. I would love if I could wear a jean that was more baggy without them looking like they're too big. I'm thinking I might buy men's jeans or something. I just don't need everything I wear to be tight. I don't always feel the most comfortable in them.
I think that a lot of girls really shouldn't wear tight jeans. You see, many girls have love handles. Wearing tight jeans (especially when worn with a tight shirt, which seems to be the style) accentuates these, making them muffin tops. Especially since the jeans nowadays are lowcut. So they fit right below the love handles. This is really unflattering. If you have such a body (which I admit, I kinda do) please try to either wear pants that aren't so tight, or that fit over your love handles, therefore smoothing them out more than accentuating them. And please, oh please, if you must wear those tight jeans that cut you wrong, then at least wear a long baggy shirt.
Its not that it is so bad that it hurts my eyes to see. Yeah, its kinda distracting at times and somewhat unpleasant for people to see. But girls who dress this way are really doing themselves a disservice. It is very unflattering.
So you see, not only would baggier jeans be more comfortable, but more flattering. If you got them in the right style, cut and wash. I'm no fashion guru, but I can tell when someone really really shouldn't wear something. Just like the bikini. If you wanna hear that argument, read Crank Up the Asay! It explains it all, and more.

-Octavian

3 comments:

  1. By the way, Johnny, I hope you don't mind that I referred your Blog. If you want, you could post a link to that particular post about bikinis. That would be awesome. But, of course, you don't have to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to agree about the skinny jeans. They're somewhat overrated and poorly used, honestly. If you can find some with some stretch that fit you appropriately, they can be darling. But those are the conditions. End of discussion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind at all. In fact, I greatly appreciate the endorsement.
    Anyhoozle...
    I look terrible in skinny jeans. I have to wear bell bottoms to offset my hips, otherwise I look awkwardly unbalanced... Also, my jeans always fall in the uncomfortable rivet between my muffin top and my actual hips... I finally just gave up and started wearing dresses with jeans

    ReplyDelete